Home Page

Thursday, December 09, 2010

Belated Food Post


We hot-potted to our hearts' content last weekend, in celebration of a very wonderful man, my best friend's dad. I love spending time with my adopted family, not that they had any choice in adopting me, I adopted all of them :)

Hot pot is a wonderful meal option whereby you cook your own food - and food for others if you're so inclined - in a large boiling stockpot (or two) at the table. What you see there is about a quarter of the food we gorged upon.

Not for the faint-hearted though, those prawns resting on a bed of ice were still alive, despite having bamboo skewers up their arses!

3 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

Looks very yummy...
Wishing you a very very belated Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

is it called steamboat too???

patsy said...

Wowzers! That looks wonderful! Hot pot here pales in comparison.

 

free html hit counter