Home Page

Monday, December 14, 2015

My Sister is Gone


Rhona Kilburn Alexander
 
27 June 1963 - 12 December 2015
 




Rhona passed away on Saturday in Tenerife, of a suspected suicide (Xanax overdose).  We are all stunned and in disbelief.  There are some things which lead us to suspect this wasn't a suicide and I'm going to go to the ends of the earth if the person we suspect of doing something to harm her, is found to be responsible. 

Whatever the autopsy result, he damaged her soul in such a way, she had no hope.  He battered her physically and mentally for six years.  And sadly, she thought she didn't deserve any better so kept going back to him.  There were glimmers of hope now and then but in the end, he always was able to draw her back in.  I tried every which way to get her to see the truth but she fought against that.  I did manage to separate them late last year and things seemed to be improving for her, she had a flicker of lightness about her, but I learned recently they were back together.  I have always feared the worst from this relationship and sadly, in whatever way, it has come to pass.

Rhona and I had an often troubled relationship as you all know, but I always loved her.  She drove me mad sometimes and we spent some time not speaking, but as sisters we were bonded for life.  When I told my brother (from whom she was estranged) he said, well Fiona it's just us now.  Strange feeling that. 

Rhona, I hope you have finally found some sort of peace, hopefully with all the animals who left before you and are waiting to greet you.  Maybe Mum and Dad are there - if so, no doubt Dad will give you a bit of a talking to!  52 was way too young to go.  Especially the way you left, whether by mistake, on purpose or at someone else's hand.  Those truths are yet to come.

3 comments:

Fusion said...

So very sorry Fiona, my condolences to you and your brother. 52 was way too young, and as hard has it may be to find the truth, I hope you do and find some closure from it. All my best (and thank you for writing here, I was wondering what had happened after reading your FB post).

Jonas said...

Oh, no! Such sad news. My heart goes out to you, Fiona.

anna said...

Oh Fiona, I just read this. I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I could hug you.

 

free html hit counter