Home Page

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Gifting


I've been reading Violent Acres for a while now and have just added her to my blogroll. I hope you enjoy her too.

I especially like her view on gift-giving today.

I appreciate that we can all (if we want) participate in the good feelings of this time of year, but quite honestly the only people I gift at Christmas are children and my other gifting goes to those in need, rather than to those who expect.

Another thing that gets up my craw is the obscene use of wrapping paper and (non-charity) cards, bows, ribbons and even scotch tape. I know I'm being very bah-humbuggy but the waste in that area alone is downright criminal!

Tis the season for giving, so give wisely and where it will really matter, I say.

3 comments:

D said...

Ooooo get you Ebenezer :-) Actually I quite agree although I must admit to the too much selotape but that's just a guy thing ;-)

Mia said...

Amen, I quite agree with you, tis a season for giving. And all that highpriced paper, bows and tags...BAH.

Serenity said...

Reusable gift bags, very popular in my house, saves all that fine motor skill wrapping...
I only give to my kids, and my parents, and the latter get consumable stuff like sugar free candies and notepads sort of thing, plus the scrapbooked photo album, which isn't consumable, but also isn't technically "stuff". :)
As my kids get older i want the holiday to be less about the prezzies. A gradual evolution.

 

free html hit counter