Home Page

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Eight



I've been tagged by Fusion.

The Rules: Players start with eight random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their eight random facts. Players should tag eight other people and notify them that they have been tagged.

I'm going to try and steer clear of a similar post a little while back, so as to give you additional insights into Fiona.

1. I'm horribly anal when it comes to consistency. I changed the '8' to 'eight' in two places on the rules I copied, above. And the reason for going for 'eight' instead of '8' throughout is because technically one through nine are always expressed in words while 10 and above are expressed in numerical format. See what I mean?

2. I love wood. Now, now drop those eyebrows! Tree wood. I love the scent of it freshly sawn. I love to see it worked. I love to have it around me. I especially love it aged and rubbed to a fine patina. Okay, let me reiterate. TREE WOOD.

3. My only regret in life is never having had children. And although my gynaecologist remarked on my excellent ovaries recently and told me it wasn't too late, I will never have children. At 48, it's now a life choice for me. And life turns out a certain way for a reason and sometimes we don't realise what that reason is until we're quite far down the path. I may have regrets but I wouldn't go back and change anything. I now understand the reason.

4. I can't pass a dog without remarking on it. Something stirs inside me when I see a hound. But it has to be a certain size as I just can't bring myself to want to get cuddly with a hairy rat. Wherever possible I'll stop and pet him/her. But again, only if I can reach the head without bending down. I know, there are some lovely chihuahuas out there, but small dogs just don't do it for me.

5. I only like coffee in the morning, or if I'm really tired and need a pick-me-up. I've recently changed to my latte's being soy-based and I'm really enjoying that. Apart from coffee, the only hot beverage I enjoy is hot water. Odd but true, and for something that is basically 'tasteless', it's actually really delicious. An acquired taste perhaps?

6. I don't think I've ever met a fruit I didn't like. Even durian. I love veggies too and will pretty much eat them all. Oh and meat as well. Oh hell, who am I kidding? I love my food and wear the fact proudly on very ample hippage...and boobage...and thighage...and chinage...and bellyage. And yes, I do make up words sometimes.

7. I bite my nails (and my cuticles), sometimes quite badly. I think the last time I grew them out was about four years ago. I really should do that again because it looks horrible. I don't like them long or red. I do like them neat and short and squared off, with a french tip manicure, if anything.

8. As a child, I had a fascination with fire. Apparently I'd lock myself in the bathroom and just strike match after match after match. As both my parents smoked and this was before the advent of the disposable lighter, there were always matches available. I still love to look into the flame of a candle, or even better, a log fire, but I've thankfully grown out of the matches-in-the-bathroom phase.

Now I have to tag eight more. Steve, Sunny, Jac (if you email me, I'll post yours for you), Sally, Ian, Sophie, Anna, Freebird. Consider yourselves notified, but without any obligation, and really, anyone who reads this can take it and run with it.

7 comments:

Fusion said...

Tree wood, got it Fiona...heh heh

and I'm with you on dogs, I can pet mine on the head standing straight up too.

Anonymous said...

8, or is it eight, random facts? Going to take some thought, but I'll run with it. Thanks for tagging me........ I think!

freebird said...

Ooh, thanks I'll try. Tricky though, did something similar myself a while back.

George said...

Fiona ... nice to get to know you better.. Thank you.

Sunny Delight said...

You are wonderful you......even if you are a bit weird! *VBS*

I will give this a try...but it may take me a few days....tough one!

Fiona said...

Fusion - what kind of dog do you have??!!

Ian - either / or *L*....good, I look forward to reading yours

FB - find another eight then ;)

George - feel like giving it a go? I'd love to read yours

Sunny - moi? weird? *L* only a bit ;)

anna said...

You tagged me! Aww, I'm flattered. Thank you! I'll get on that asap.

I'm totally with you on the first, second, and fourth points.

 

free html hit counter